Oracle Data Integrator 12c
Oracle Data Integrator is a comprehensive data integration platform that covers all data integration requirements: from high-volume, high-performance batch loads, to event-driven, trickle-feed integration processes, to SOA-enabled data services. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c, the latest version of Oracle’s strategic Data Integration offering, provides superior developer productivity and improved user experience with a redesigned flow-based declarative user interface and deeper integration with Oracle GoldenGate. ODI12c further builds on its flexible and high-performance architecture with comprehensive big data support and added parallelism when executing data integration processes.
It includes interoperability with Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) for a quick and simple migration for OWB customers to ODI12c. Additionally, ODI can now be monitored from a single solution along with other Oracle technologies and applications through the integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- High-performance bulk data movement and data transformation
- E-LT architecture for improved performance and lower TCO
- Heterogeneous platform support for enterprise data integration
- Knowledge modules for optimized developer productivity and extensibility
- Service-oriented data integration and management for SOA environments
ELT is not ETL - Oracle Data Warehouse Solutions
Installation and setup of Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c on Windows with Weblogic
Power Oracle BI Applications with Oracle Data Integration
Data Driven BusinessIn today’s data-driven business landscape, organizations need to easily and cost-effectively manage an exponentially increasing amount of information being created both inside and outside the company. Governing and managing this vast influx of data is important to ensure it is securely stored and accessible both in the cloud and on premises. The new Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c, part of the Oracle Data Integration portfolio, helps customers meet these challenges and leverage their data to improve IT productivity and performance, lower costs, and deliver tangible business results.
Insights from business data with oracle data integrator
New Features- Oracle has expanded its Oracle Data Integration portfolio with the addition of Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c, a comprehensive platform that helps reduce compliance risks and ensure the success of governance programs within organisations by providing much-needed business and data transparency.
- A key component of Oracle’s big data governance solution, Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c together with Oracle Enterprise Data Quality, Oracle Big Data SQL, and Oracle Database security solutions enables organisations to manage and control all aspects of data stewardship, lifecycle management, data protection, auditing, security, and compliance.
- Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c helps organisations govern all of their enterprise data, including structured and unstructured data, across Oracle and third-party data integration, database, and business analytics platforms.
- It also includes a powerful business glossary—a critical component for linking business-friendly terminology to the operational metadata that drives data flows across enterprise systems such as Apache Hadoop, ERP applications, data warehouses, and semistructured data used for big data discovery.
- With Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c, customers can benefit from:
- Data lifecycle management. Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c offers customers full access to track data and metadata lifecycles across the third-party and Oracle Data Integration and Oracle Business Analytics platforms. As a result, customers can now increase their security and audit measures to finer granularity from report to source, track lineage, and perform impact analysis.
- Harvesting and integrating third-party metadata. The new solution delivers transparency and analysis across third-party business intelligence, data integration, and database technologies. Customers are no longer bound to metadata analysis within their product stack and can apply metadata management across their full data management platform.
- Data governance, stewardship, and standardisation. Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c fosters stewardship collaboration through feedback and comment review boards, multimedia attachments, annotations, and tagging. The solution also offers semantic lineage via a business glossary.
- Oracle Data Integration is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading digital business platform for the cloud.
Supporting Quotes“Data management is becoming increasingly complex and time-consuming for organisations, as data travels through a bewildering sequence of platforms and technologies in its lifecycle,” said Brad Adelberg, vice president of development at Oracle. “By providing the transparency into this data lifecycle, not just within Oracle but also across other widely used platforms, we’re helping customers easily and cost-effectively manage and govern their many streams of data. Furthermore, we’re enabling them to leverage their data, along with the latest technologies such as cloud, big data, and business analytics, to reduce risks and produce real business results.”
“A comprehensive enterprise data management strategy is paramount to an organisations ability to use its data to drive actionable results, whether that means improving operational efficiency, reducing costs, or improving governance,” said Carl Olofson, research vice president, application development and deployment at IDC. “With Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c, Oracle becomes one of the few enterprise vendors that takes seriously the central role of metadata in managing systems.”
Oracle GoldenGate12c for the Enterprise and the Cloud
Oracle Big Data:
Oracle ODI Webinars Series:
Oracle ODI Links: